Sunday 13 March 2011

New Dawn

This is my first attempt at having my own blog. 

After numerous comments posted on news websites and other blogs, I decided it's time to start my own. Plus I realised that there was not many people in the world that have seen, or will get to see the things I have. 

Some of the questions though that I asked myself before setting up this blog was "Will people wanna read my shit?" I thought will I have enough interesting things for people to read about? Will my "friends" on Facebook be disheartened not to see my daily rants about life in general? 

Well after much thought I said bugger it, how many queer identifying Aboriginal, rugby playing, writing, acting, campaign running people are there out there in the big bad world?  

I am going to keep this one simple and short, this is only a snapshot into my world but I hope you will enjoy, laugh and be inspired. 

I live in Inner city Sydney, in what could be the campest, cutest and smallest suburb in Australia 'Elizabeth Bay'. Elizabeth Bay is situated on Sydney Harbour, just 15 mins east of the city. 

My place of chosen residence is a small walk from the Notorious Kings Cross, its here that I find most of my inspiration, funnily enough. On my way to gym then work, I side step homeless people, gang members, party goers, backpackers, corporates, socialites, celebrities (b-grade included) and everyone in between. This is all before 7am. 

My work is located in another iconic suburb of Sydney 'Redfern' well as some like to call it, the 'FERN'! After exiting the old run down train station, I strut quite confidently up Redfern Street opposite direction to the Block. For those of you who are not familiar with the Block, click here to read up more (I need a whole separate blog to give you an in-depth history lesson) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Block_(Sydney)

Again I side step various different types of people, this crowd though is a far cry from the B-grade celebrities seen in Kings X. 

Once at my heritage listed building in the heart of Redfern I am ready for the day..... Well so I think.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment